Dr. Danda is a licensed clinical psychologist (KS LP 1208) with specialty training in child and pediatric (health) psychology (e.g., anxiety, depression, ADHD, behavioral issues, and health-related conditions).
- BA in French and Psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia
- PhD from the University of Florida with an emphasis in pediatric and child psychology.
- Internship at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC).
- 2002-2006: Assistant Professor KUMC (Department of Pediatrics, Division of Behavioral Sciences). Provided basic psychological services to children and families and worked collaboratively with pediatric gastroenterologist Dr. Paul Hyman in a multidisciplinary abdominal pain clinic, providing therapy to children and adolescents who had chronic pain and disability stemming from functional gastrointestinal disorders as well as working with children with histories of chronic constipation and toileting refusal.
- 2006-2011: Staff Psychologist at Kansas City Center for Anxiety Treatment (KCCAT), which specializes in providing cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) with Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) for anxiety disorders. She provided ERP to children and adults, specialized support services for parents and loved ones of those that have anxiety disorders, and core CBT services for adjunct problems, such as depression, stress, and behavioral issues.
- 2011: Opened Private Practice in Prairie Village and Leawood, KS.
Dr. Danda has co-authored many articles in peer-reviewed journals, presented at local and national meetings, and provided education and training to pediatric residents, students, and the community about emotional and physical health topics (see abbreviated resume).
Professional Societies and Affiliations
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Division 42, Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Division 53, Society of Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Division 54, Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- Kansas Psychological Association (KPA)